Monday, April 1, 2019


Zac Guglielmo
Fned
Blog Post 7
The Problem we all live with
Image result for DISCRIMINATION


Discussion




Throughout this pod cast there are some very sickening themes and they are all mostly due to white supremacy and whites thinking that they're all that matters. For instance right off the bat they speak about how better test scores, better literacy teachings, better teachers, a better principal and how implementing and adding courses that count as college credits will help all students. While yes some of this is true, they missed the whole point. Every time I hear a school talk about getting it better its things like these, they just never end up working wither. There was a way bigger problem in the equation during this time period though. Blacks education was awful and the fact that they needed the  exposure to white schools was fascinating. I never really thought about that, as a white male I never dealt with this issue because my school though primarily white , had many races and ethnicities. I never though that my school had better things than another school, therefore making my education easier. Its something taken for granted for me and I'm sure for all of us white students. When they said the test scores I was baffled swell, 39% worse! thats a crazy statistic, and simply having blacks go to white schools dropped the scores to only 18% worse. Its something that we definitely take for granted.  Something else mind blowing is that later on in the talk the white parents talked about how because blacks want better education its racist of them, Its racist because they think that whites get better education. Some things art racists its more  facts. I don't know how anyone could deal with that stress as parent, you know someone who is the same age and just because they have different color skin they get such a head start in life. This talk really opened my eyes because I never knew how bad blacks in education had it and Im sure in some areas still have it. Hearing it from people who know what they're talking about and experienced things first hand makes it all the better. The pod cast really shows me at least that there is a way greater issue, or at least was, than getting a better test score or better overall education. Its more of get everyone equal and on the same page and then maybe yes they can worry about test scores and better teachers. Throwing something as major as not even equal education out of the window speaks volume.Image result for DISCRIMINATION

No comments:

Post a Comment